Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back In The Saddle

Wow! What a last couple of weeks. The family and I made the big trip out east to Lake Champlain For stop #1 on the BASS Northern Open Tournament Trail. The fishing was great and we had an awesome time out there. I found plenty of Smallmouth and largemouth(with the help of the Humminbird 998 side imaging unit) that were willing to bite for me in practice. I thought that Things would go great for the tournament, boy was I mistaken. As every fisherman knows they don't always read the script. I finished 71st overall. Not great, but not bad for a field of over 200 boats.

I returned to the salmon fishing yesterday. I was fishing with Captain Dave Rusch aboard the "Family Feud". This is where I will be fishing mainly for the next three weeks. Wow, what a great return. The fish were chewing extremely well!! We caught 16 in just a hair over 4 hours. Several fish in the 14-16 pound range and a couple keeper lake trout. They were in the 80-100 foot range chewing on plugs, spoons and paddle/fly combo's. The action was pretty much non-stop. The crew decided that they had enough fish and we returned to the dock with a cooler full!

I will be trying to keep everyone posted on the fishing action. Good luck and Happy Fishing!
Capt Chris