Sunday, March 3, 2013

OFF SEASON

We are now in the beginning of March here in Michigan. The snow is almost thirty inches deep outside my door and the majority of the lakes are encased with over a foot of ice. These are the day's I find myself being a dad and cherishing the time I get to spend with my family. I also find myself prepping for the upcoming season.  

In the "OFF SEASON" there is plenty to do. There are several outdoor shows to attend, lots of tournament schedules to look at and plenty of tackle to go thru. I look forward to the Outdoor shows every year.  You meet folks from all walks of life that share a passion for the outdoors. There is always a story about the one that got away, or the biggest one they have ever caught. Seeing a persons face light up with excitement when they are reliving that moment never gets old. I have been fortunate to see guest of Northern Adventures Fishing catch the biggest smallmouth of there life and I look forward to watching more of that this year.

There is always a tough decision to make every year, what tournaments do you fish. Trying to look at all of the various tournament organizations, schedules and run a guide business can be a little tricky to say the least. Hopefully this season, I will be able to fish a few more local events. My main focus this year will be the B.A.S.S. Northern Open schedule. I'm looking forward to heading back to the James River in Richmond, VA, Oneida Lake in Syracuse, NY and Lake Erie out of Sandusky OH. This is a good schedule and should be a great time!

This season I am looking forward to being more organized than ever. I am using all Plano tackle organizers this year. Plano has a number of different styles and sizes of organizers for every type of angler. The Plano Elite boxes will carry the bulk of my hard baits. There are also several waterproof options for your soft bait selections. Organization is definitely a key to success on the water. Be sure to check out there selections at www.planomolding.com.

The CastAway Rods and Shimano reels have been sitting idol since October. I am looking forward to stripping the line, tuning up the reels and prepping them for Battle! The season opener cannot get here quick enough......patience grasshopper!

I am really looking forward to the 2013 season. I would like to say thank you to CastAway Rods, Vicious Fishing, ARC Outdoor Gear, Shooters Indoor Range, Christy Johnson Allstate, 180 Outdoors, D&R Sports Center, Economical Bass Baits, Trokar Hooks and Plano for your support!  I hope to see you on the water this season.

Good Luck out there!

Capt Chris